Please have a look at the previous blog post here.
[POL] modes TEST
Hosted by CSISP (Goldsmiths)-Modes of Existence (Sciences Po)
Friday January 31st 2014
10:00 Introduction to day (RHB 342b)
11:00 Overview of the mode of existence [POL] (RHB 342b)
1) No issue, no politics
2) Speaking politically (the circle)
and to a lesser extent:
3) standpoint politics..
- what detectability of politics is afforded by tracing issues and tracing circles?
11:20 Participant protestations [including protestations mapping]
12:00 Introduction of empirical materials and tasks of describers and detectors:
Selection of speeches
Mapping privacy online
13:30 Group Work (RHB 342 and RHB 343)
Exercise 1: Tracing politics with issue maps
Exercise 2: Tracing politics in political speeches
The four question:
1. which entities are deployed to do politics?
2. which political movements can you detect?
3. what indicators of politization can you find?
4. what political capacities are demonstrated
17:00 Summing up (what have we found)
17:30 The Modes of Existence Platform (Christophe Leclercq & Pierre-Laurent Boulanger)
Bruno Latour, Noortje Marres, Christophe Leclercq, Pierre-Laurent Boulanger, Pierre Jullian de la Fuente, Donato Ricci, Patrice Maniglier, Endre Danyi, Lisa Disch, Huub Dijstelbloem, David Chandler, Christian Nold, Manuel Tironi, Monika Krause, Michael Guggenheim, Laurie Waller, David Moats, Nerea Calvillo, Alex Wilkie, Damian O'Doherty.